Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Is it safe to keep database password and username in config database file in live site

[eluser]Joshua Logsdon[/eluser]
Yeah, Drupal, Joomla, Wordpress, etc. are definitely valid options and I've had a chance to work with them a bit before. Like you said, from the start you've got things ready to go like admin, blog-like functionality, plugins, etc. I could probably have my site running off of Drupal tomorrow Smile

I'm lucky to not have to worry about having it up immediately, otherwise it would be a Drupal site for sure.

Similar to you, CI has been a great introduction for me. It's got me hooked on methodology... because I had to code some things from scratch (like an admin panel, more flexible cache handling, better image handling, etc.) I did a lot of research on topics and got a better understanding of the "why"s and "how"s. Now that I have a lot of things built to be reused, I'm partial to CI as a solution and for allowing me to be a student Smile

That's unfortunate about Russian words... that's got to be a big deciding factor for you right there regardless of what framework you use.

Messages In This Thread
Is it safe to keep database password and username in config database file in live site - by El Forum - 01-26-2010, 06:56 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB