Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Multiple projects, one CI codebase?

[eluser]theprodigy[/eluser]
Quote:Thanks theprodigy,

Seems like a lot of code duplication, and if you wanted to apply a patch, say for security reasons, you’d have to go back over a fair chunk of code?
It is quite a bit of code duplication, but that's because these are full websites, not different apps within the same site (forum, blog, news, etc). For the different apps, I tend to favor Matchbox (which adds modularity to CodeIgniter).

But, to apply a patch wouldn't be that hard. If I was to apply a patch, it would be one from EllisLabs, and would more then likely be in the core code, so all I would do is update the system folder, and all apps using that system folder would be updated.

The example I showed you wasn't really good, because it didn't show multiple sites using the same system folders. I was trying to keep my example to a minimum while still showing the flexibility of it. I currently have a couple sites who each have their own folder within the apps directory, but all point to the same folder within the system directory (system/172 for example).

Messages In This Thread
Multiple projects, one CI codebase? - by El Forum - 02-15-2010, 07:13 PM
Multiple projects, one CI codebase? - by El Forum - 02-15-2010, 07:42 PM
Multiple projects, one CI codebase? - by El Forum - 02-15-2010, 07:58 PM
Multiple projects, one CI codebase? - by El Forum - 02-15-2010, 08:03 PM
Multiple projects, one CI codebase? - by El Forum - 02-15-2010, 08:05 PM
Multiple projects, one CI codebase? - by El Forum - 02-15-2010, 08:33 PM
Multiple projects, one CI codebase? - by El Forum - 02-15-2010, 09:24 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB