Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Problems with CI's tutorials, both the all-text version and the sexy video one

[eluser]esra[/eluser]
[quote author="buffalobill" date="1188878468"]Thanks for your comment, in any case, and I hope that this matter doesn't just remain in the realm of talk, but that it results in concrete actions to improve things here at CI (not to imply that the discussion phase is herewith over and that it is now time for action – nor, for that matter, that things are all that bad here at CI!).[/quote]

The overall problem could probably be narrowed down to time constraints. The volunteers from EllisLabs who do help here probably do so when their technical support workload for EllisLabs' ExpressionEngine product subsides (reaches low peaks). I believe that Derek Allard spends a lot of his personal time here. The same folks also maintain the ExpressionEngine and Codeigniter site infrastructure. This effort also reduces their free time to help out here.

Anything missing in the form of technical support could probably be handled using a third-party support site to augment everything here. I offered to sponsor such a site on the Kohana forums some time ago by donating a major area on my server, but there seemed to be little interest. Something like this requires community involvement to help manage the site. Again, this could be narrowed down to personal time constraints or a lack of interest on the part of the community. I'm sure that many users would want to see something along these lines occur to fill in any voids here, but there appears to be an unwillingness in volunteering time to make it happen.

Messages In This Thread
Problems with CI's tutorials, both the all-text version and the sexy video one - by El Forum - 09-03-2007, 06:01 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB