Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
.xls suffix on controller function to make excel file?

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I know you can take a HTML table and change the extension to .xls to make it pop up as an xls file but I am trying to utilize this with code igniter MVC.

I have a form on one of my pages that takes the table from that page and dumps it into a function/view to put it out as a .xls page.

my URL ends up being something like this. www.siteurl.com/index.php/report/excel but when I add .xls onto it I get a 404.

It may be asking too much for CodeIgniter to accept www.siteurl.com/index.php/report/excel.xls instead of www.siteurl.com/index.php/report/excel.html

If anyone has any ideas or solutions for this I could really use the help.

Messages In This Thread
.xls suffix on controller function to make excel file? - by El Forum - 04-29-2010, 04:08 PM
.xls suffix on controller function to make excel file? - by El Forum - 04-29-2010, 04:37 PM
.xls suffix on controller function to make excel file? - by El Forum - 04-30-2010, 06:21 AM
.xls suffix on controller function to make excel file? - by El Forum - 04-30-2010, 08:09 AM
.xls suffix on controller function to make excel file? - by El Forum - 04-30-2010, 11:55 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB