Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Extremely slow speed on my site using codeignitor... is this normal?

[eluser]alitech[/eluser]
[quote author="cahva" date="1276055742"]What kind of figures are you getting when using profiler? If you havent done that, then please do as it will give you much info what you can improve.

For caching database(and other stuff too) I recommed Cache library by Phil Sturgeon. You have lot of dynamic content and that is what this is meant to be used.

For example I have developed an ecommerce software that is ORM-driven and has a lot of database queries. With a very large category the queries could climb very high like 300-500. With caching, queries are lowered to about 5(and those come from session which arent cached) and most of the time site(s) run very smoothly.[/quote]

These are definitely interesting tools. I not aware of them being used on my site yet but I will ask the developer to implement these immediately to see if there is any information we can use. Regarding the cache library, I will have to ask my developer to study this properly. The page I went to does not give information on where to put the files on the host. It talks about how to make the code changes and allowing the server to write to cache folder. Where are these files placed?

Messages In This Thread
Extremely slow speed on my site using codeignitor... is this normal? - by El Forum - 06-08-2010, 05:35 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB