Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
passing data from one controller function to another

[eluser]newtonianb[/eluser]
I have an index function that loads a view with a form, this index function handles the validation of this form. If the validation succeeds I want the data to be passed along to complete a second form.

The way I currently have this setup is:

My index page is a form with form validation, if the validation succeeds the data of this form is sent to a different function within that same controller through url using redirect and passing data as arguments but my problem here is that i have to redo the validation all over again in the new function (and can't use form helper there).

How else could I send the data? The reason I want this other function to handle it is first its a whole different form of itself and second, I want the user to be able to quickly trigger my function from url.

Any help appreciated, please ask if you need clarification.

Messages In This Thread
passing data from one controller function to another - by El Forum - 06-14-2010, 08:57 PM
passing data from one controller function to another - by El Forum - 06-14-2010, 09:40 PM
passing data from one controller function to another - by El Forum - 06-14-2010, 10:16 PM
passing data from one controller function to another - by El Forum - 06-14-2010, 10:57 PM
passing data from one controller function to another - by El Forum - 06-15-2010, 08:33 AM
passing data from one controller function to another - by El Forum - 06-15-2010, 07:51 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB