Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Cron on GoDaddy

[eluser]gene777[/eluser]
Hi,

The Issue:
Thanks for making this post. I am trying to accomplish the same task however I am getting an error when I do. The following error was emailed to me by the Cron Daemon.

Code:
/web/cgi-bin/php5: /usr/local/lib/libpng12.so.0: no version information available (required by /web/cgi-bin/php5)
Content-type: text/html

However I do think I did this correctly. Just to be clear I also did the following:

In the website directory
Step 1. I created an .htaccess file with the info you provided. It looks like this:
Code:
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond $1 !^(index\.php|images|cron\.php|robots\.txt)
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php/$1 [L]

Step 2. I also created a cron.php file with the same info you provided, except referencing my own url where the code igniter index.php is located. I placed this in the same folder as the CodeIgniter site index.php.

The site directory looks like this:
.htaccess
cron.php
index.php

The cron.php script looks like this:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
<?php
    $handle = fopen("http://mywebsitelocation/index.php", "r");
    fclose($handle);
?>

Step 3A. I CHMOD 705 the cron.php and the index.php in the site directory.
Step 3B. I also CHMOD 705 the contents of the application and system folder using Transmit. I'm thinking that should make code igniter executable by the crontab.
Step 4. I set up the cron tab in GoDaddy referencing the cron.php file. (This is on GoDaddy GRID hosting - I don't know if that makes a difference or not.)
Step 5. I set up several cron jobs - to run the script once every ten minutes so I could:
1.) Check the reliability of GoDaddy's crontab. Does it run every hour as I scheduled or will it break more often then not?
2.) Get faster feedback whether or not the cron idea will work.

So any thoughts as to why this might not work would be greatly appreciated. Best,

Gene

------
Update: 2010/09
After running the cron for a little bit I have noticed that I am still getting this error, however a simple procedural code in the loaded view which uses the regular mail() function does seem to work. However a second email which should also be loaded via the controller using the CodeIgniter mail library does not seem to work, hence the error. The code for the controller's email is:

Controller Mail Action:
Code:
$server_time = strftime('%c');
        $this->load->library('email');

$this->email->from('mysenderemailaddress', 'My Name');
        $this->email->to('mydestinationemailaddress');

$this->email->subject('object-oriented mail test @ server time:'.$server_time);
        $this->email->message('object-oriented mail test @ server time: '.$server_time. ' It was executed from the controller, welcome, in the controllers folder.');    
        $this->email->send();

If you have any thoughts about how to debug this I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Messages In This Thread
Cron on GoDaddy - by El Forum - 07-29-2010, 09:10 PM
Cron on GoDaddy - by El Forum - 07-30-2010, 04:50 PM
Cron on GoDaddy - by El Forum - 09-11-2010, 01:54 PM
Cron on GoDaddy - by El Forum - 09-12-2010, 07:13 PM
Cron on GoDaddy - by El Forum - 09-12-2010, 09:38 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB