Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
My App initializes 3 times everything

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
@Jelmer,

I know exactly what it says, and I disagree.

First, for every request of a file that doesn't exist, a rewrite happens. And that includes a missing image. This can cause al sorts of trouble because it will trigger a CI request, and it is very difficult to troubleshoot if you don't have your loglevel to 4 (so you see the multiple requests).
Second, this will make all sorts of files and directories accessable that you don't want to be accessed, for example the entire system directory, a folder with uploaded files, etc.

Imho, the only things accessable from the browser are your assets, and your index.php. The user has no business elsewhere. Offcourse, you could (and perhaps should) move all but your assets outside the docroot, but on a lot of shared hosting plans, that is not possible.

The only exception is if CI has to co-exist with another application in the same docroot, but even then I think you should tailor your rewrite rules to your specific situation.

I agree that it's easy, simple, and more portable. Hence the "lazy man's .htaccess" statement... Smile

Messages In This Thread
My App initializes 3 times everything - by El Forum - 08-06-2010, 05:34 AM
My App initializes 3 times everything - by El Forum - 08-06-2010, 06:33 AM
My App initializes 3 times everything - by El Forum - 08-06-2010, 08:59 AM
My App initializes 3 times everything - by El Forum - 08-06-2010, 09:51 AM
My App initializes 3 times everything - by El Forum - 08-06-2010, 12:26 PM
My App initializes 3 times everything - by El Forum - 08-06-2010, 07:01 PM
My App initializes 3 times everything - by El Forum - 08-07-2010, 01:36 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB