Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Single application with multiple subdomains - how?

[eluser]WinkingFrog[/eluser]
Hi folks, looking for a pointer or two...

We are looking at building an application that will use subdomains to identify a region for access and data filtering etc. I have had a dig through various forum posts and google results and I am aware that there is a fair bit of info out there, however it all seems either to conflict with similar concepts/solutions or specific to an application.

Here is what we are looking at achieving...

An application designed for use by UK based users, with a subdomain identifying which region of the application the user wishes to view. It will ultimately have a large number of subdomains/regions available so we would rather not use a separate application folder for each, as it would make application updates a pain in the ....

The subdomain will obviously require to be identified internally within the app to allow for the selection of relevant data etc.

I am 100% sure this can be done, I am just looking to those who have played with this concept or have a solid understanding of how it can be best achieved.

Any takers?

Messages In This Thread
Single application with multiple subdomains - how? - by El Forum - 08-09-2010, 02:04 PM
Single application with multiple subdomains - how? - by El Forum - 08-09-2010, 02:41 PM
Single application with multiple subdomains - how? - by El Forum - 08-09-2010, 05:58 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB