Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Uploading a file, moving it, and adding related info

[eluser]aaronr[/eluser]
[quote author="jeremygimbel" date="1281938449"]Have you looked at the File Uploading Class in the user guide?

The code there demonstrates how to do a file upload, and the class allows you to specify a filename instead of the original.

For additional data, you're going to need to store that in the database. Usually, I just store the filename as a key in the record in the database, so I can easily find the data related to a given file or vice versa.[/quote]

Thanks Jeremy, I looked at the File Upload class and it makes sense overall, but I wasn't sure how to combine submitting data to the DB and uploading in the same "page" (or controller).

I think the URL that is mentioned below shows me what I need to do.

thank you for you time

Messages In This Thread
Uploading a file, moving it, and adding related info - by El Forum - 08-15-2010, 06:51 PM
Uploading a file, moving it, and adding related info - by El Forum - 08-15-2010, 07:00 PM
Uploading a file, moving it, and adding related info - by El Forum - 08-15-2010, 09:08 PM
Uploading a file, moving it, and adding related info - by El Forum - 08-16-2010, 07:52 AM
Uploading a file, moving it, and adding related info - by El Forum - 08-16-2010, 07:55 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB