Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Calendar Modelling

[eluser]fedeisas[/eluser]
Hi guys. I'm not sure if this is the right place for this topic. A few years ago (when I was just starting in web development) I had to build an application for managing a clinic calendar, where the doctors could volunteer to cover shifts, and the admins could set the "open days" for a particular clinic. It was all done with raw PHP and MySQL. Although the system works perfectly well, it ended up with the most messy code I've ever written. It's absolutely un-maintainable. Handling recurrences in a database, would lead to a lot of if's and a lot of queries to render the calendar.

So, now that I'm quickly falling in love with CodeIgniter, I'm getting more and more interest in building things the RIGHT way. I have a new project for an hotel managing their reservations, and I'm thinking the best approach for this.

Some friends suggested to user the Google Calendar API, and miantain all my calendar online. But, would I need 2 calendars? I mean, one for the available dates, and one for the reservations?

I'm really confused on how to start this. It would be great if anyone care to share their experiences.

Thanks a lot.

PS: I'm from Argentina, it's really hard for me to write english, sorry if there's any misspells.

Messages In This Thread
Calendar Modelling - by El Forum - 08-19-2010, 10:53 AM
Calendar Modelling - by El Forum - 08-19-2010, 04:45 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB