Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
URI changes . to _ (best practice?)

[eluser]escape[/eluser]
I too would be interested in finding the root of this, however I suspect the authors of CI, in some form of wisdom, provided the URI Protocols to address a common set of issues found in different operating environments.

In config.php, the definition of URI Protocol is:
Quote:This item determines which server global should be used to retrieve the URI string.

So getting to the root, would seem to be a task of finding what set of server global constitutes a "Delicious Flavor", and go from there.

My CI application is being run on hundreds of servers, and for the most part changing the URI Protocol has proven to work well.

A kludge is precisely what has been put in place :cheese:, simply to improve installation success. Notably an ill-selected URI Protocol (or the default AUTO) also leads to the "white screen of death", AKA the program isn't working.

My preference would be to create an installation controller that would cycle through the Delicious Flavors, and find one that works. If one knew the server global variables, then perhaps a test could be constructed. I'm still noodling on this one :question: .

Messages In This Thread
URI changes . to _ (best practice?) - by El Forum - 08-23-2010, 08:32 AM
URI changes . to _ (best practice?) - by El Forum - 08-23-2010, 09:56 AM
URI changes . to _ (best practice?) - by El Forum - 08-23-2010, 10:41 AM
URI changes . to _ (best practice?) - by El Forum - 08-23-2010, 11:20 AM
URI changes . to _ (best practice?) - by El Forum - 08-23-2010, 07:52 PM
URI changes . to _ (best practice?) - by El Forum - 01-18-2011, 01:38 PM
URI changes . to _ (best practice?) - by El Forum - 01-18-2011, 04:18 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB