Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
User registration confirmation

[eluser]Fred Riley[/eluser]
On registration to a site, users these days expect to receive a confirmation email with a clickable link to complete the registration. I'm currently adapting the excellent form validation tutorial in the Form Helper reference and that'll do as a basic registration system, but it would be nice to add email confirmation and/or completion as a grace note. Could someone please point me towards relevant documentation/tutorials if such exist, or give me hints as to how to go about this in CI if they don't?

I have looked at the FAQ and searched the fora for 'email validation' and 'user registration' with zero results, although the search is pretty iffy for me in Firefox even with the adblocker off. If this is a FAQ then my apologies.

Cheers

Fred

PS: This is the tenth time I've submitted this post, the previous times just getting a blank form again. Those were in the Code & App Devt forum, so maybe I don't have rights to it, hence my trying in this more general forum. I used FF for the first 4 and IE for the last few (though I don't see why that should make a difference), but this problem also occurred in previous topics I've created. Is this a known 'issue'? Is there a hidden captcha somewhere I'm not seeing? Or am I just cursed?

If at first you don't succeed, keep on trying, yea even unto the twentieth time.

Messages In This Thread
User registration confirmation - by El Forum - 09-06-2010, 08:17 AM
User registration confirmation - by El Forum - 09-06-2010, 09:28 AM
User registration confirmation - by El Forum - 09-07-2010, 12:40 AM
User registration confirmation - by El Forum - 09-07-2010, 07:14 AM
User registration confirmation - by El Forum - 09-07-2010, 05:23 PM
User registration confirmation - by El Forum - 09-09-2010, 10:42 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB