Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
SMTP emailer black magic

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hello,

I seem to have hit a wall on ideas on how to figure out a problem, which is as follows:

I cannot seem to send out an e-mail using SMTP through my codeigniter code.

What makes this so perplexing is that the code works on my local machine. I am using WAMP with Apache 2.2.11, PHP5.3, and MySql 5.1.36. What I am doing is taking the code from the WAMP /www directory and moving over to my /var/www apache directory on my remote Linux machine. Everything else in the code works after I move it over, EXCEPT the emailing functionality.

My first thought was that the Linux machine (running CentOS5, php 5.3) was somehow blocking the SMTP request. So I checked my iptables everything was fine. I then checked if I could connect via telnet. I can.

Then I thought perhaps a different mail plugin would work. Through my Google searches I found this blog http://www.lavluda.com/2008/05/19/phpmai...gniter-ci/ describing a plugin called PHPMailer, although older I thought I'd give it a try. So I downloaded it, loaded it into my LOCAL codeigniter project and saw that it was working. I then moved over the changes to my Linux machine and again, no go!

The last thing I've checked was to created a test.php using the plugin in a directory and then executing it via the php-cli it worked! So I know the plugin works remotely. I know I can connect to everything I need to, I know the code works locally, I just can't get my code to work remotely.

Arg, I'm at my wits end Smile Any ideas or help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
SMTP emailer black magic - by El Forum - 09-15-2010, 07:06 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB