Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Preventing Logged in users from calling methods/functions of a controller directly. N00b here :oP

[eluser]zrowcrypt[/eluser]
Hey guys,

This is my first post on CI forum. I started using CI seven days back and got acquainted to core MVC hands on experience about ten and trust me, learning was never so much fun so before I go ahead and start posting my n00b questions, a very big thanks to all you awesome guys who put so much of time in developing such great frameworks. Kudos to CI team and the whole of developer community Smile.

Ok, so here is something that I tried looking for an answer but was not able to get it.

Qs : How to we prevent users(legit logged in) to prevent from calling the methods/functions of my CI controller class. Yes (_function) can be used for private ones but what about public ones that expect to be called only by other controllers / or returned back from views or models after an expected processing of data/db/sessions/args etc.

If you find the question too dumb, I am sorry about it. As I mentioned I am just a week old as far as CI/MVC goes so feel free to just point me the right doc/video so that I can grab it. If you can explain it yourself, nothing better Smile

Thanks,
zrowcryt

Messages In This Thread
Preventing Logged in users from calling methods/functions of a controller directly. N00b here :oP - by El Forum - 10-10-2010, 03:59 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB