Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
What is wrong with the Codeigniter Email Class?

[eluser]Timothy_[/eluser]
Hello fellow code-igniters,

I am in the last stages of programming the first release of some software I have been writing over the last 8 months.

This involves adding the 30 or so different emails that will be triggered from the application.

I have got to say that although I love codeigniter, the email class has really let me down

1. No matter what I specify in the email config file it always outputs plain text. Not only that but it appears the config arrays were wrong in the default file that came with the latest version of CI
Code:
$config['email']['mailtype']  = 'html';
which after reading http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/89514/ I changed to
Code:
$config['mailtype'] = 'html';
2. Still not working... So i took another suggestion from that same thread and initialised the config directly under the load library call in my controller
Code:
$email_config['mailtype'] = 'html';

$this->email->initialize($email_config);
3. Finally!!! the debugger says that the content type went out as html... but
4. I check my gmail and I can't find the html email I just sent. I open up the spam folder and there it is. Despite all efforts it is always sending the CI html emails straight to spam but the normal plain texts ones make it through.

Where do I go from here. One helpful person on one of the countless threads I looked at suggested using the plugin PHPmailer. I really want to avoid this. My app is huge and I am trying to avoid excessive loading of external plugins that will slow the app down and probably wont be supported in the future.

I really hope I personally am doing something wrong and that yet again CI will pleasantly surprise me.

Tim

Messages In This Thread
What is wrong with the Codeigniter Email Class? - by El Forum - 11-14-2010, 07:45 PM
What is wrong with the Codeigniter Email Class? - by El Forum - 11-14-2010, 08:04 PM
What is wrong with the Codeigniter Email Class? - by El Forum - 11-14-2010, 08:13 PM
What is wrong with the Codeigniter Email Class? - by El Forum - 11-14-2010, 08:54 PM
What is wrong with the Codeigniter Email Class? - by El Forum - 11-14-2010, 09:17 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB