Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CRUD - Rapyd vs CodeCrafter?

[eluser]kucerar[/eluser]
[quote author="charlieD" date="1192304497"]Does anyone have any experience comparing these 2 CRUD packages or any other alternatives? (I found http://www.phpguru.org/static/TableEditor.html on another thread which seems like a possible candidate.)

I need them to create admin interfaces for my clients so ideally the output would be easy to customise (rename fields to human-friendly names, hide certain fields, customise with CSS).

Rapyd seems to have a nice visual style for clients and the tinyMCE inclusion looks good for creating a CMS.

Are these any good for replacing CMSs? I find that most CMS are bloated and focus on 'articles' (i.e. large blocks of HTML) rather than key/value pairs which is what I need on most real websites.[/quote]

I've had lots of experience with and modifying Achievo toolkit
http://www.achievo.org/atk

which I kind of now regret, but I can't see doing all the functionality it does in a lower level MVC framework

it gives you lots of power but carries the same frustrations of any widget library

certainly gives you enough perspective to evaluate any CRUD offering.

ATK is very good for mapping to legacy. It is essentially a giant OO christmas tree and you point the ornaments at your tables.

Had looked at Dataface, but it wasn't far enough along and only MySQL.

Have gone production with a site in ATK. You have to completely customize the views and get into modifying the framework a bit. They have a chronic problem with their views looking 3d and gaudy out of the box--lots of potential though.

-R

Messages In This Thread
CRUD - Rapyd vs CodeCrafter? - by El Forum - 10-13-2007, 08:41 AM
CRUD - Rapyd vs CodeCrafter? - by El Forum - 10-13-2007, 09:07 AM
CRUD - Rapyd vs CodeCrafter? - by El Forum - 10-13-2007, 10:08 AM
CRUD - Rapyd vs CodeCrafter? - by El Forum - 10-13-2007, 11:53 AM
CRUD - Rapyd vs CodeCrafter? - by El Forum - 10-15-2007, 07:00 AM
CRUD - Rapyd vs CodeCrafter? - by El Forum - 10-15-2007, 11:02 AM
CRUD - Rapyd vs CodeCrafter? - by El Forum - 10-15-2007, 11:14 AM
CRUD - Rapyd vs CodeCrafter? - by El Forum - 10-15-2007, 11:29 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB