Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
big projects - good and bad coding

[eluser]Mutsop[/eluser]
He n0xie thanks for your reply...
I do have a few questions.

[quote author="n0xie" date="1295361556"]My two cents:
- Take a look at modules. It's a nice way to group related functionality together. To make your application truly modular, you need to think about decoupling and how you are going implement it.[/quote]

I've been studying the decoupling/DAO procedure a few weeks ago but for vb.net.
Strangly enough, it's excactly the same Smile The only difference was that I used them for the data layer... What I see here is that he also uses it for module views and controllers?

[quote author="n0xie" date="1295361556"]
- Think about your ACL beforehand. How/where do you want to check for permissions? The reason most developers write their own implementation is because the requirements for ACL can differ greatly between projects.[/quote]

Any interesting examples on this?

- Read about security issues with PHP in general. Get yourself familiarised with terms like XSS, CSRF, SQL injection and Session Hijacking. There are no silver bullets but there are a lot of good practices that can take care of 90% of the common exploits.[/quote]

I found a few websites on this matter, but what I can't find is, how do you trace back from where a hacker has been able to use the exploits?

- Code defensively.[/quote]

What do you mean by that? Do you mean security wise?

Messages In This Thread
big projects - good and bad coding - by El Forum - 01-17-2011, 10:05 AM
big projects - good and bad coding - by El Forum - 01-18-2011, 02:39 AM
big projects - good and bad coding - by El Forum - 01-18-2011, 04:16 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB