Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
iconv() Detected an illegal character in input string

[eluser]Ricardo SDL[/eluser]
I'm having problems with iconv too. One of the servers that I use to test the code is using the iconv lib version 1.13. Between my computer and the webserver there is a Squid proxy server. Squid was reporting some error about "Zero size length response". I nailed down the problem to a call to the iconv function in the class Utf8 line 89. The problem occours when I send non-ascii characters like "é", "á", etc.

According to some searches (link 1, link 2) that I made this could be a problem with the iconv library that php uses to convert the characters. With the webserver running on my localhost machine the call to the function is errorless, the iconv version is 2.12.1. Do I need to update the library? Or maybe using the function "mb_convert_encoding" is a good solution?

Messages In This Thread
iconv() Detected an illegal character in input string - by El Forum - 01-19-2011, 04:31 AM
iconv() Detected an illegal character in input string - by El Forum - 01-19-2011, 04:51 AM
iconv() Detected an illegal character in input string - by El Forum - 02-09-2011, 11:17 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB