Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How do you use an ORM library with traditional CI libraries?

[eluser]Basketcasesoftware[/eluser]
[quote author="bunal" date="1297999364"]Hey Basketcasesoftware,

What post are you mentioning?[/quote]
It's an entire thread. And I think I may have worked my way to a general solution.

The problems: Authorization systems and Access Control Layers (ACL) tend to handle their own database access. Additionally there are other issues that prevent any incorporation of such systems/layers into the CodeIgniter framework (CF. Reactor and Core CodeIgniter boards and 'Voice discussions).

The Premise: Authorization and access control systems all require certain database elements and related database functions.

Goals: Create a library or framework that these systems can use in lieu of their own database management functions. This framework needs to be configurable for both the systems' user requirements and the requirements of that system. It needs to meet the existing framework design goals of the underlying CodeIgniter framework. Ideally if all these goals are met then this system should meet the requirements for inclusion into the CI core. It has already been deemed inappropriate for Authorization and Access Control Layers to be made part of the CI framework.

Steps Needed: Identify what the common functionality and elements are.

http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/181240/

Messages In This Thread
How do you use an ORM library with traditional CI libraries? - by El Forum - 02-17-2011, 03:43 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB