not posting values of 0 (zero) for checkbox

[eluser]Brad K Morse[/eluser]
Code:
<?=form_checkbox('enabled['.$r->id.']', 1, $r->enabled)?>

renders:
Code:
<input type="checkbox" name="enabled[25]" value="1" checked="checked"  />
<input type="checkbox" name="enabled[7]" value="1"  />

The table field "enabled" stores 1 or 0 and checks the appropriate checkboxes, as seen here: http://cl.ly/4ogc (screenshot)

It will run queries when the checkbox value is 1, whether it was already checked (as that record's enabled field is 1) and whatever checkboxes the user selects.

The problem is, it does not update any fields that are unchecked, whether unchecked by default or unchecked by the user.

I enabled the profiler and I can tell it completely ignores posting anything if the value is set to 0 (zero).

I know if the the checkbox is not checked, it is blank, so the post does not see a value for that input, therefore it doesn't need to return anything.

It worked fine using a dropdown method

Code:
<select name="enabled[&lt;?=$r->id?&gt;]">
  <option value="1" &lt;?php if($r->enabled == 1) { print 'selected=""selected"'; } ?&gt;>Yes</option>
  <option value="0" &lt;?php if($r->enabled == 0) { print 'selected=""selected"'; } ?&gt;>No</option>
</select>

or
Code:
&lt;?=form_dropdown('enabled['.$r->id.']', $enabled_options, $r->enabled)?&gt;

Is this possible using a checkbox?

Messages In This Thread
not posting values of 0 (zero) for checkbox - by El Forum - 02-23-2011, 10:06 PM
not posting values of 0 (zero) for checkbox - by El Forum - 02-25-2011, 11:55 AM
not posting values of 0 (zero) for checkbox - by El Forum - 02-25-2011, 12:02 PM
not posting values of 0 (zero) for checkbox - by El Forum - 02-25-2011, 12:04 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB