Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI2 reactor and Amazon EC2 problem

[eluser]d1a8lo24[/eluser]
Hello everyone, I have a small problem that I hope someone can help.

I have develop a few applications with CI with out any problem using my windows computer as a testing server with WAMP, and I have been able to deploy them in many different share virtual hosting servers from companies like godaddy and others.

I heard of Amazon EC2 but didn't really wanted to tryout since I don't know anything about running a server and even though is cheap to run I still couldn't afford it until now which they are giving free trials for 1 year on micro instances.

Anyway I saw a great tutorial on how to start using Amazon's EC2 so since I had an account for S3 I decided to turn on the feature to use EC2 since it seem very easy to set up.

So I did all the steps require which took me about 1 hour to set up, you have to know I had to do a small crash course on SSH and learning how to connect from my Windows computer and and running commands. Anyway I updated and upgraded the server which I choose an Ubuntu distribution, downloaded and install LAMP and PHPMYADMIN and everything work fine. I was able to get to the server and I was actually able to upload the users guide of CI2 and browse around it with no problem.

So I decided to upload my application and everything work fine it connected to the DB and I was able to see my index page. And here is where the problem starts as soon as I click on a link the server gave me a 404 error page not found.

By the way I do use an htaccess page to remove the index.php from the URL and I have tried many of the variations out there and nothing seems to work to fix this.

I have also tried this known fixes without luck.

Changing the uri_protocol to the different options.
Loading a basic CI2 installation with 1 controller to replicate the link browsing and I still get the same error.

I have also check the configuration of my local server and that of my live servers of the httpd.conf ad php.ini files and I did see some modules not being loaded which I turn them on but I still get the same 404 error.

So if anyone can help or that can guide me I will really appreciated and thanks in advance.

Messages In This Thread
CI2 reactor and Amazon EC2 problem - by El Forum - 03-28-2011, 11:14 PM
CI2 reactor and Amazon EC2 problem - by El Forum - 04-04-2011, 07:07 AM
CI2 reactor and Amazon EC2 problem - by El Forum - 07-25-2011, 09:19 PM
CI2 reactor and Amazon EC2 problem - by El Forum - 07-25-2011, 11:43 PM
CI2 reactor and Amazon EC2 problem - by El Forum - 07-26-2011, 02:21 AM
CI2 reactor and Amazon EC2 problem - by El Forum - 07-26-2011, 09:03 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB