Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI2 reactor and Amazon EC2 problem

[eluser]Mirge[/eluser]
[quote author="coldfire82" date="1311668368"][quote author="d1a8lo24" date="1301940420"]After many days of researching I finally found my solution, one thing is to learn more about Apache if I'm going to be running my own server, second know your server in my case Ubuntu.

Anyway one thing that I figure out was that my mod_rewrite was not working, and I didn't know that Ubuntu and Apache have many places where you can specify what mods can you load and which one of these files have more power over the other.

In my setup there are 3 place where you can specify which mods or configurations can be loaded or set. These are the apache2.conf, httpd.conf and under you sites-enable folder the file that enables a new or default site can also have this configurations.

Well I only knew about the first 2 and after a lot of reading on many forums one guy had the answer and that was to edit under you site-enable folder the site you configure and either add or edit the following.

Code:
<Directory /directory/path>
  AllowOverride all
</Directory>

The AllowOverride all will let Apache read the .htaccess file and apply any configuration. Yep that easy. By the way because Ubuntu and I'm pretty sure that other servers do the same when you install and configure from scratch they have AllowOverride set to none in any of these 3 files.

Do know that if this is set in the sites-enable file changing the configuration in the other 2 will not work you either have to change it in the site-enable file or remove it and set it in either apache2.conf or httpd.conf.

Hope this helps anyone without any experience like me and is having the same problem.[/quote]

Having the same problem. Working now. Thanks for the help.

There should be a complete guide on "Running CodeIgniter on EC2".[/quote]

Write one =)

Messages In This Thread
CI2 reactor and Amazon EC2 problem - by El Forum - 03-28-2011, 11:14 PM
CI2 reactor and Amazon EC2 problem - by El Forum - 04-04-2011, 07:07 AM
CI2 reactor and Amazon EC2 problem - by El Forum - 07-25-2011, 09:19 PM
CI2 reactor and Amazon EC2 problem - by El Forum - 07-25-2011, 11:43 PM
CI2 reactor and Amazon EC2 problem - by El Forum - 07-26-2011, 02:21 AM
CI2 reactor and Amazon EC2 problem - by El Forum - 07-26-2011, 09:03 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB