Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Help on the theory of taking my app multi-year

[eluser]dizzyagain[/eluser]
Greetings,

I have made an internal app for my colleagues and I to manage a database which relates to a project we run.

Now I would like to evolve it into a multi-year app where you can browse through the data which relates to a certain year.

What I am seeking is a bit of advice on the theory of how to do this.

I would like all the tables to remain with an extra field for year - this is so I can do multi year queries. But the important part is in the interface where I'd like it to be possible(for example) to see all 'people' relating to 2009.

My initial thinking was to create sub-folders for years in my controlers folder:

i.e:

Code:
controllers
    people.php
    people.php
    people.php

But then I am duplicating code in each sub folder - having essentially the same controllers just asking for different years results from a model.

Could I instead remap the controllers (all in the root controllers folder) and have the second uri segment be the year to be passed on as a variable? - how then would I access the 'current year' variable so I could easily build the menu and any other links?

Would sessions come into it?

Would jquery come into it?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Messages In This Thread
Help on the theory of taking my app multi-year - by El Forum - 05-02-2011, 09:48 PM
Help on the theory of taking my app multi-year - by El Forum - 05-03-2011, 02:27 AM
Help on the theory of taking my app multi-year - by El Forum - 05-03-2011, 05:10 AM
Help on the theory of taking my app multi-year - by El Forum - 05-03-2011, 05:13 AM
Help on the theory of taking my app multi-year - by El Forum - 05-03-2011, 05:42 AM
Help on the theory of taking my app multi-year - by El Forum - 05-06-2011, 04:46 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB