Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Form Validation Config File Suddenly Only Works for Some Rules

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Thanks for the reply as far as point 2 I do this because it actually is a multipart form I had significantly simplified the code for testing purposes, which eventually reveal the greater_than[n] error as when I was originally running it with more simple validation my multipart form worked fine but stopped suddenly when I put in all the validation. It originally stored session data and the form values of the subsequent pages are created based on their input in step one. Thus if the form is successfully I must load a new view and if it's unsuccessfully I redirect back and echo the errors via flash data. Hence why this is required.

As far as the first point I did just attempt this and I do still get the same error. This is a flawed approached as well since I have multiple forms that are similar enough they can use the same validation config but slightly different enough they need to be process separately. It's not applicable to this form but the application has validation config for client address update that uses the same validation as when it's added initially also I have multiple logins for administrators and salespeople which can access extremely similar forms but with some small differences in permissions thus for the majority of forms I would need to use the same config repeatedly.

Did you test going to a new page? That may be part of it...once again I tried to strip everything to the simplest form to isolate the problem but it does really make me wonder why it is that the greater_than[n] only works in the controller for me. It should really work regardless of the above mentioned factors should it not?

I'm running the latest version of codeigniter downloaded maybe 3 weeks ago..that is most recent right?

Messages In This Thread
Form Validation Config File Suddenly Only Works for Some Rules - by El Forum - 06-20-2011, 07:17 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB