Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter 2.02, PHP 5.36, Apache 2, MS SQL Server 2008 on Windows

[eluser]Aken[/eluser]
I'm pretty surprised a SQLSRV driver hasn't been added yet, given that SQLSRV first existed over three years ago.

I built my own in early 2010 when employed full-time, so unfortunately I can't just grab and share that code. Hopefully your client will allow the code to be shared, so the unfortunate Windows-based users can have a good solution without pulling their hair out.

The info about the driver only being 32-bit is good. I never thought of that when installing it on our servers (luckily they weren't 64 bit in the first place).

The LIMIT issue can be a pain considering that even different versions of SQL Server support it in different ways. 2005 doesn't handle it well at all, and needs funky query shenanigans to try and pull a specific offset chunk. 2008 handles it a lot better, but still not anywhere near as pretty as MySQL or others.

Luckily I don't work on Windows anymore so I don't have to pull my hair out myself, but I can see how it could save other people a lot of frustration. You should definitely try and convince your client to share.

Messages In This Thread
CodeIgniter 2.02, PHP 5.36, Apache 2, MS SQL Server 2008 on Windows - by El Forum - 07-16-2011, 02:57 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB