Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI Session Unexpected Behavior on Production

[eluser]resajregit[/eluser]
Hello Folks!

I can use some help with this one. It's definitely one of those stump the chump type situations.

Ok, so I've created this site, http://uat.nimerism.com/, which works like a charm on localhost. On production however, the login feature does not work properly. It has something to do with sessions.

The way it should work is that when a user enters the correct username and password, a session is created using CI database sessions with some "user data" and the page is reloaded. When the page loads, it checks for that user data in the session, and if it's found a specific javascript file is loaded to the header, which in turn enables some CMS functionality to the site (buttons and such).

What appears to be the issue is that multiple sessions records are created in the sessions table (I'm using database sessions), which causes this statement
Code:
$this->session->userdata('username')
to return blank, which causes the javascript to not get loaded. I'm not sure why multiple records for the same IP address are created on production, but only one is created for local host.

Here's what I've attempted already:

Used local sessions (not database)
enabled sess_match_ip in config.php

Any help will be much appreciated.

TJ

Messages In This Thread
CI Session Unexpected Behavior on Production - by El Forum - 01-18-2012, 10:31 PM
CI Session Unexpected Behavior on Production - by El Forum - 01-19-2012, 12:07 AM
CI Session Unexpected Behavior on Production - by El Forum - 01-19-2012, 09:19 AM
CI Session Unexpected Behavior on Production - by El Forum - 01-19-2012, 01:22 PM
CI Session Unexpected Behavior on Production - by El Forum - 01-19-2012, 02:45 PM
CI Session Unexpected Behavior on Production - by El Forum - 01-19-2012, 03:25 PM
CI Session Unexpected Behavior on Production - by El Forum - 01-19-2012, 04:07 PM
CI Session Unexpected Behavior on Production - by El Forum - 01-19-2012, 07:00 PM
CI Session Unexpected Behavior on Production - by El Forum - 01-19-2012, 09:23 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB