Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Pagination with standard CI urls + query strings

[eluser]skunkbad[/eluser]
Hey Steve,

Yeah, things are good here, with the exception of the standard Winter colds. How are you?

I like your idea, but what I was working on today was code that was already using $_GET, and I was just trying to find the most simple way of adding the query string back to the pagination links. $suffix isn't documented, so I felt free to change the way it was being used in the class. I'm applying the query string just as I showed above, and it works great. Tested it on my dev machine and testing site.

I just think it's weird that $suffix isn't applied to all of the links that are created. I wonder what the pagination class author had intended. I simply made sure all of the links were appended by $this->suffix, and it works great. Looking through the code, even the tip on github, I don't really understand how $suffix is supposed to be used. It seems to be applied differently for:

1) First link - not applied
2) Previous link - not always applied
3) Digit links - not always applied
4) Next link - always applied
5) Last link - always applied

What is going on here?

Messages In This Thread
Pagination with standard CI urls + query strings - by El Forum - 02-07-2012, 04:55 PM
Pagination with standard CI urls + query strings - by El Forum - 02-07-2012, 05:36 PM
Pagination with standard CI urls + query strings - by El Forum - 02-07-2012, 11:48 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB