Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
MSSQL, Blank Pages, and Smalldatetime

[eluser]Kyle Johnson[/eluser]
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone else can verify this, I'm not sure if there are confounding factors or not because the query I was running it with was pretty complicated (like 30 joins... ewww)

However, In trying to figure out what was causing the issue, I finally stumbled upon one of the SELECT columns was causing it. I did a binary search, and just kept cutting it in half until I found the troubled area.

Turns out the cause was a 'smalldatetime' column. I deleted it, and the query worked and the page displayed. Magic, right?

Well to go a step further, since I'm just on a test database, I changed the column type to datetime on SQL Server, and put it back in the query. It worked again, so I changed it back. Broken.

I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 with Apache 2.2.14 PHP 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.13, mssql. I tried with and without eaccelerator (on a second identical ubuntu box [did a fresh install to make sure I wasn't crazy]). The database is MS SQL Server 2008 R2.

I'm not sure if this is a driver bug, mssql(sybase?) driver bug, or just something else. I'm not sure where to begin with blank pages, because the actual log says the page is being output correctly, the database analyzer says the query completes successfully... It's just bizarre.

Messages In This Thread
MSSQL, Blank Pages, and Smalldatetime - by El Forum - 02-10-2012, 03:09 PM
MSSQL, Blank Pages, and Smalldatetime - by El Forum - 02-10-2012, 03:19 PM
MSSQL, Blank Pages, and Smalldatetime - by El Forum - 02-10-2012, 10:36 PM
MSSQL, Blank Pages, and Smalldatetime - by El Forum - 02-10-2012, 11:06 PM
MSSQL, Blank Pages, and Smalldatetime - by El Forum - 02-11-2012, 12:22 AM
MSSQL, Blank Pages, and Smalldatetime - by El Forum - 06-25-2012, 06:39 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB