Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Running CodeIgniter on Non-apache systems

[eluser]@li[/eluser]
Hi,

I'm building an application which would be run on many different computers. I'm thinking it might be possible that some of these computers are not running Apache, and they're using windows server or any other technology to run PHP. (This is just my own thought, it hasn't been confirmed by the client yet).

I was thinking that on the 'Installation' page of the application (which sets up the database etc for the users), I ask them if they are running apache, have mod_rewrite access, or they are not running apache.

If they select apache with mod_rewrite, the script would build the .htaccess file for them. If they select apache without mod_rewrite, it would build the script using the index.php/controller/function approach, and if they select no apache, then it would remove the search engine friendly URLs, so it instead uses the index.php?c=controller&f=function approach.

Can someone advise me if this is a good idea or not? Should I stick to .htaccess or index.php, and forget about the 'no apache' option, since the index.php would work on every system?

Messages In This Thread
Running CodeIgniter on Non-apache systems - by El Forum - 12-31-2007, 04:14 AM
Running CodeIgniter on Non-apache systems - by El Forum - 01-05-2008, 12:09 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB