Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI+SimplePie (RSS Parser) + mental conundrum

[eluser]awpti[/eluser]
So, as some of you know, I've been slowly but surely putting together OnlyTechNews for some time. I've decided to turn OTN into a sort of 'blotter', where interesting and highly specific articles covering technology would be posted.

Initially, I was just going to hunt around by eye and find interesting articles, write a small commentary and re-post them. I quickly realized this would be an enormous time expendature.

My next thought is this:

Use SimplePie (Maybe in a cronjob) to regularily parse various feeds - I would just go and manually flag them for public post (maybe with some commentary).

I still feel this plan is highly flawed. The blotter idea is temporary until I get the wheels rolling with another developer (still haven't found one) and actually put together a stable idea.

The other side of it is to simply continue with the developer blog until such a time as I have a viable idea and completely ditch the "TechBlotter" plan.

Other things of note:

I plan for the DevBlog to be one of the more important parts of the site. This devblog will eventually cover the development process/progress for both OnlyTechNews and GeekLAN. I feel this would be interesting for everyone to see how a single developer (or two of us, if I ever find another interested party) go about designing and developing this webapp/site along with associated code.

Sorry if this post is a tad disorganized. I think a mile a minute and type a mile an hour.

Thoughts? Comments?

Messages In This Thread
CI+SimplePie (RSS Parser) + mental conundrum - by El Forum - 01-10-2008, 07:37 PM
CI+SimplePie (RSS Parser) + mental conundrum - by El Forum - 01-10-2008, 08:05 PM
CI+SimplePie (RSS Parser) + mental conundrum - by El Forum - 01-10-2008, 08:23 PM
CI+SimplePie (RSS Parser) + mental conundrum - by El Forum - 01-10-2008, 08:31 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB