Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Attendance Log Web Site

[eluser]boltsabre[/eluser]
Hi buddyram,

It's a very broad question you've asked, and you've not noted your skills, so I'll just give you a broad answer that hopefully helps you a little.

Quote:I want the guidance on how the general coding structure should i be.
This completely depends on what kind of functionality you plan to have. My suggestion, DO YOUR PLANNING! By this, I mean:
- Work out what users groups you will have for your system (will there just "admin", or will there be various groups of users that have various levels of access which allows them to do different actions from other groups?).
- Work out what functionality you want, generally each one is called a "use case or UC" (for example, "register account" would be one UC, "login" would be another, "delete account" yet another, and "edit profile" yet another. Register account could have a "sub UC" which could be "email user their "authenication/login" link" if you plan to have a 2 level/step registration process.
- What CRUD(Create, Read, Update, Deleting of data?) does each use case require?
- One you have an organised list of Use Cases, grouped into their related groups, you can then start drawing "flow charts" or "Use Case diagrams" for each one. For example, the Login Use Case would be something like: Display "login screen" to user -> User submits form passing data from view to controller -> Controller validates form -> Either return form to user if it fails validation (eg, user didn't enter a valid email address) or if passes validation cleanse input and pass input to model to check if they are a registered user. If registered user redirect them to homepage else display login screen again with appropriate "email address/password not found" error message.

Once you have done the above, you'll have a very good idea of what contollers you'll need (and their internal methods/functions), and well as your models (and their internal methods/functions). Then you can go and start coding!!!

Quote:Should i integrate any libraries to enhance the features
Don't know... depends on your application. Perhaps the pagination library would be a good idea, but again, without intimately knowing your application requirements, this is simple speculation.

Messages In This Thread
Attendance Log Web Site - by El Forum - 06-11-2012, 04:33 AM
Attendance Log Web Site - by El Forum - 06-11-2012, 05:27 AM
Attendance Log Web Site - by El Forum - 06-11-2012, 05:35 AM
Attendance Log Web Site - by El Forum - 06-11-2012, 05:41 AM
Attendance Log Web Site - by El Forum - 06-11-2012, 06:18 AM
Attendance Log Web Site - by El Forum - 06-11-2012, 10:05 AM
Attendance Log Web Site - by El Forum - 06-12-2012, 05:18 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB