Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
XML-RPC - Building a catalog from an external XMLDataStream

[eluser]ModernM[/eluser]
Hello Codeigniter,

I had a general question on a project I am about to begin. Its a personal project that, but hopefully I will gain a wealth of knowledge as I execute this.

I need to know some basics about how I should proceed sprinkled with some tech talk to make sure I am heading in the right direction here.

I am going to use code igniters XML-RPC to send requests to a server that has a catalog XML data stream. I was provided documentation and I have read through it, and I do understand for the most part everything that is in there. I was also provided some XML file as examples.

XMLCatReq
Code:
<XMLDataStreamRequest>
<Ver>3.1</Ver>
<Auth>
<AcctID>9000</AcctID>
<LoginID>TestXMLDSUser</LoginID>
<Password>abc123</Password>
</Auth>
<CategoryList>
<GetList>1</GetList>
<Sort>NAME</Sort>
</CategoryList>
&lt;/XMLDataStreamRequest&gt;

and a XMLCatReqResponse

Code:
&lt;?xml version="1.0"?&gt;
&lt;XMLDataStreamResponse&gt;
<Ver>3.1</Ver>
<LegalNote>USE</LegalNote>
<CategoryList>
<Category>
<Num>224</Num>
<Name>Address Books</Name>
</Category>
<Category>
<Num>742</Num>
<Name>Adhesives</Name>
</Category>
</CategoryList>
&lt;/XMLDataStreamResponse&gt;

I am familiar with working with MVC, but never with XML. Could someone give me a kick start here and also valid or invalidate that I am looking at this correctly and if not please provide me some direction.

Maybe if someone can put a simple example together for me so I can see how codeigniter and the XML above translate into one another that would be huge.

I am not asking you to build me the entire project just a little nudge in the right direction.

Much Appreciated.

Messages In This Thread
XML-RPC - Building a catalog from an external XMLDataStream - by El Forum - 06-12-2012, 07:57 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB