Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
A question for the pros, to help guide my way....

[eluser]orangeblossom[/eluser]
As I mentioned in a previous post, I am new to this. Now, I can just copy and paste things, but I try to write from scratch to learn the proper way.

One error I seem to get a lot is :

Use of undefined constant.....[then php file.]

Now, sometimes I do research and I can figure them out, and remove the errors. Just like yesterday...it was nothing but a typo.

But, this particular error just baffles me. And I'm pretty sure I check all spelling and more.

In fact, I downloaded a copy of the entire code (that works for someone else), and it is exactly as I have followed in writing it to learn it.

What I'm asking, is for someone to put a 'road map' into my head to make a check list on.

For instance....

All seems to work well for my login and signup, but I get the error:

---------------------------------------------

Severity: Notice

Message: Use of undefined constant ‘signup_form’ - assumed '‘signup_form’'

Filename: controllers/login.php

Line Number: 64

--------------------------------------------

This is the line on login.php:

$this->load->view(‘signup_form’);

-------------------------------------------------

My signup_form looks good.

So, what am I missing here?

What should I tackle first in seeing where things went wrong?
Am I to have another signup_form in a model or controller folders? I just have it in view only?

I want to learn to solve this problem, so that if I have the SAME problem with another php file, I can fix it.

Thank you so much.....It is raining & thundering where I'm at now, and I'm relaxing to a good cup of coffee waiting for a response.

Smile

Messages In This Thread
A question for the pros, to help guide my way.... - by El Forum - 08-18-2012, 09:01 AM
A question for the pros, to help guide my way.... - by El Forum - 08-18-2012, 09:09 AM
A question for the pros, to help guide my way.... - by El Forum - 08-18-2012, 10:14 AM
A question for the pros, to help guide my way.... - by El Forum - 08-18-2012, 10:31 AM
A question for the pros, to help guide my way.... - by El Forum - 08-18-2012, 10:32 AM
A question for the pros, to help guide my way.... - by El Forum - 08-18-2012, 10:34 AM
A question for the pros, to help guide my way.... - by El Forum - 08-18-2012, 10:39 AM
A question for the pros, to help guide my way.... - by El Forum - 08-18-2012, 11:56 AM
A question for the pros, to help guide my way.... - by El Forum - 08-19-2012, 06:55 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB