Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Allow google to crawl all my dynamic content?

[eluser]Dandy_andy[/eluser]
I have replaced an old dating site with a new one using codeigniter as the framework. The new site is brilliant - I've fallen in love with codeigniter - but suffering on the SEO front. My old site had dynamically created content that was getting indexed by Google.

In my old site, everytime someone created a new profile, you could access 'their' page directly using an ID number in the URL. The new site works in a similar way but the dynamic pages are only accesible by members, therefore Google can never see them.

My question is, if I allowed non-member access to view profile pages (each with their own ID) and let Google crawl these, would that affect my SEO? At the moment I have around 57000 members so that could potential mean 57000 pages Google has to crawl and what happens as the site grows? Is it a good idea to let Google access these dynamically created pages (either naturally or throught a sitemap - even limiting the sitemap to say 50k pages at any time)?

Any advice from anyone with experience in the same area?

Messages In This Thread
Allow google to crawl all my dynamic content? - by El Forum - 10-13-2012, 03:55 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB