Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Safe location of CodeIgniter in Wamp Server

[eluser]Tpojka[/eluser]
[quote author="dudzartiaga" date="1384439843"]Hi Everyone,

I am new to web programming. I am wondering if where to put safely the codeigniter files and my files in Wamp Server?

I installed wamp and it's directory is C:\wamp.

I am planning to upload it on the internet, i guess I should start practicing now good habits in CodeIgniter.

Your advises are very much appreciated!

Thank you very much.[/quote]

WWW folder is folder where should be all projects not Codeigniter anly, but any that you make in your localhost. In www folder there should be folder for each project. For example:

Code:
C:\wamp\www\projectname\

In that folder (newly created) you have to put unpacked CI files.
You are calling CI application with:

Code:
http://localhost/projectname/

And that should be that for localhost.

In case you want to copy CI application from localhost to web server, you will just copy files and folders that are inside projectname folder.

Messages In This Thread
Safe location of CodeIgniter in Wamp Server - by El Forum - 11-14-2013, 07:37 AM
Safe location of CodeIgniter in Wamp Server - by El Forum - 11-15-2013, 04:29 AM
Safe location of CodeIgniter in Wamp Server - by El Forum - 11-16-2013, 04:49 AM
Safe location of CodeIgniter in Wamp Server - by El Forum - 11-16-2013, 10:02 AM
Safe location of CodeIgniter in Wamp Server - by El Forum - 11-16-2013, 11:56 AM
Safe location of CodeIgniter in Wamp Server - by El Forum - 11-17-2013, 12:15 AM
Safe location of CodeIgniter in Wamp Server - by El Forum - 11-17-2013, 04:28 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB