If you open
application/config/routes.php
You will find a setting for
Code:
$route['default_controller'] = "home";

In my case, it's the "home" controller.
Then go to
/application/controllers/home.php

and look at the index method. That should be what's loading the homepage. Any views referenced in there, which make the HTML for the homepage, should be located in /application/views. Just look for the filenames with a ".php" extension. Like if you see something like:
Code:
$this->load->view('my_view')
this would correspond to a file in /application/views/my_view.php.
If it's something like
Code:
$this->load->view('something/my_view')
Then it would be located in a subdirectory, like
/application/views/something/my_view.php

The reason why there is an index.html in each directory is to prevent people from directly accessing the raw directories via the URL. They are protected via htaccess already, but the index.html files are there in case something goes wrong with the server you still couldn't directly browse the controllers/models/etc directories from the url.

Messages In This Thread
URGENT: Help needed modifying homepage for client - by El Forum - 11-16-2013, 07:20 AM
URGENT: Help needed modifying homepage for client - by El Forum - 11-16-2013, 07:24 AM
URGENT: Help needed modifying homepage for client - by El Forum - 11-16-2013, 07:27 AM
URGENT: Help needed modifying homepage for client - by El Forum - 11-16-2013, 12:06 PM
URGENT: Help needed modifying homepage for client - by El Forum - 11-19-2013, 07:02 AM
URGENT: Help needed modifying homepage for client - by El Forum - 11-19-2013, 07:42 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB