Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Strange phenomenon passing array through active record class

[eluser]Dandy_andy[/eluser]
I'm using the active record class to return results for a database query. I want to exclude some results from the query using $this->db->where_not_in(); but something strange is happening that I can't explain. I have a statement in my database query which reads:-

Code:
$this->db->where_not_in('members.mem_id', $excluded_members);

Now if I manually generate an array to pass through this statement like the one below, the query works fine.

Code:
$excluded_members = array(9012, 9021, 9031);

However, I want to dynamically create the array and I'm using the following function to do so:-

Code:
public function excluded_members($mem_id) {

$limit_array = 100; //limit array to 100 results. Only the most recent 100 results will be returned as exclusions
  $data = array();
  $this->db->select('matched_mem_id');
  $this->db->where('mem_id', $mem_id);
  $this->db->order_by('datetime', 'DESC');
  $this->db->limit($limit_array);
  $query = $this->db->get('search_exclusions');
  $row = $query->result_array();
  foreach($row as $value)
   {
   array_push($data, (int)$value['matched_mem_id']); //(int) to convert values to integer
   }
  return $data;

}//excluded_members

The value returned and outputted using var_dump or var_export is identical to my original hand written array yet the dynamically created array $excluded_members is causing my database query to crash. Does anyone know why? What am I missing here?

Messages In This Thread
Strange phenomenon passing array through active record class - by El Forum - 07-31-2014, 08:50 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB