Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Error messages for callable checks in form validation

[eluser]Patroklo[/eluser]
Yeah, flashdata could save my ass (not a good solution though if I want to use only the validation library), but the problem it's that the callables doesn't work at all as a validation method. I have been looking at the github code and if the result of the method it's a FALSE the system will ignore it and keep looking the next rules, so even if I use flashdata, the form will be considered by codeigniter as valid and won't never show any error message.

I think that the problem, as I see it, it's that the callables are not validators right now, but methods that change the field postdata or do nothing. I have made some minor changes in my fork of Codeigniter and now they also can validate at the cost of adding some verbosity to the callable rules.

Messages In This Thread
Error messages for callable checks in form validation - by El Forum - 08-13-2014, 04:53 AM
Error messages for callable checks in form validation - by El Forum - 08-13-2014, 10:13 AM
Error messages for callable checks in form validation - by El Forum - 08-13-2014, 10:46 AM
Error messages for callable checks in form validation - by El Forum - 08-13-2014, 11:04 AM
Error messages for callable checks in form validation - by El Forum - 08-13-2014, 11:27 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB