Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Issue with plus symbol when getting the value

[eluser]CroNiX[/eluser]
I wouldn't pass something like that via the url in the first place. Where is that value coming from? The db? I'd pass an ID instead of the value and then look up the value in the controller. Or don't send it via GET.

It's most likely because spaces normally get translated to +'s in the url. That's normal. Try submitting a form using GET with a field value of "This is a url". After submit the url would be something like http://yoursite.com/something?value=This+is+a+url. Then when you retrieve $_GET['value'], it translates it back to "This is a url", converting +'s back to spaces. Normal web behavior. Google "url encoding" if you are unfamiliar.

Again, I wouldn't pass something like that in the url (GET) as you will get unexpected results with certain web-safe symbols, like you are.

Messages In This Thread
Issue with plus symbol when getting the value - by El Forum - 09-25-2014, 11:19 PM
Issue with plus symbol when getting the value - by El Forum - 09-26-2014, 12:24 PM
Issue with plus symbol when getting the value - by El Forum - 09-26-2014, 09:03 PM
Issue with plus symbol when getting the value - by El Forum - 09-27-2014, 10:46 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB