Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Poll: Redo the website design for CI4?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
62.50%
20 62.50%
no
18.75%
6 18.75%
maybe
18.75%
6 18.75%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[split] Redo website design for CI4?

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2015, 04:21 AM by Jamper.)

(04-27-2015, 11:38 PM)Avenirer Wrote: What I liked about the CodeIgniter's homes is the fact that is light. The dark colors gives me a sense of unease. Usually, when I looked for a framework, the first thing I was looking at was the homepage. I don't want it too look misterios. Take a look at laravel's homepage. Is so light you want to try the framework just to see if is just as easy. Now take a look at CakePHP's homepage. It looks ooooold. Now take a look at Kohana: it looks... crowded. Now take a look at FuelPHP: it tells you to run from it.

Note: Sorry if something of what I've said hurt someone. I didn't refer to the frameworks themselves, but to what their homepages made me think.

Hi, I completely understand where you're coming from and I did think initially about placing more emphasis with white - it does convey professionalism and clean. What prompted the use of the dark colors was an option to provide something different that the other frameworks were not - Everyone looks the same and I believe CI needs to stand out. Plus I could not shake the idea that CI was the "dark horse" returning from the grave. Laravel has somewhat clouded the color market by taking the pink/red side of the framework spectrum, diluting the CI brand. The conception above I have given above hopefully displays something different to anyone looking for a simple easy to use framework. It's not fixed in stone and certainly welcomes any community input.

The main reason for the blue is that a flame is more powerful when blue and white, CodeIgniter is more powerful now Smile

J
Web Application Developer
www.jessecohen.co.uk

Messages In This Thread
[split] Redo website design for CI4? - by Jamper - 04-27-2015, 08:47 AM
RE: [split] Redo website design for CI4? - by Jamper - 04-27-2015, 11:48 PM
RE: Our Website Design is Terrible - by dmyers - 04-27-2015, 09:53 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB