Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter Tutorial News section

(07-28-2015, 08:33 AM)Wouter60 Wrote: Like @ciadmin suggested, the best way is to create the table with the database tool you are using, because this is just a one-time issue.
If you managed to create a database, that means that you have access to phpmyadmin. Open it and select your database. Click the SQL tab and paste the sql-command that you find in the CI documentation. Click Start to run the command. The news table is created.
After you've done that, insert a few records. Use your fantasy to make up a few titles, and search the internet for lorum ipsum texts that can be used as imaginary news items.
Once these records exist, you can use CI to collect records from the database and pass data to your views.

I've deleted the sql-command from my News_model.php page and pasted it via phpmyadmin and created the table. I've inserted two records with titles, slug and text.

And pointed my browser to http://localhost/MyProject/index.php/news BUT still get the HTTP 500 error.

I assume each time I add code that it is to be added "before" the last curly brace }.   I've tried moving the curly brace but no different.  

Any suggestions where I could be going wrong?

Messages In This Thread
RE: CodeIgniter Tutorial News section - by christaliise - 07-31-2015, 10:44 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB