Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Best way to perform application level high availability authentication

I think the issue is that most of us just see something like this as an opening to receive an avalanche of support tickets telling you the system won't let them do what they logged in to do in the first place (for those with less of a grasp of what's going on) and telling you the MySQL database is down (for those with a better grasp).

I don't see any reason why you can't do what you're considering, though, depending on the nature of the loss of connectivity to the database, they could be waiting a while just to find out the majority of the system is unavailable. Something in the back of my head is nagging me about security concerns, but I don't have any specific suggestions other than making sure your data synchronization methods are secure. In fact, it should be fairly straightforward to just redirect someone to a specific page if they were authenticated via the backup database, once you've gotten over the hurdles of determining the MySQL database is unavailable, connected to the backup, and performed your authentication there.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best way to perform application level high availability authentication - by mwhitney - 09-21-2015, 07:10 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB