Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Have I made form function secure enough

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2016, 10:42 PM by albertleao.)

Hello Wolfgang!

I would recommend doing checks and routing for method types in your routes.php. The manual will show you how you can assign the different HTTP methods to different routes.

Otherwise, I don't see any benefit of creating protected routes like you are doing. There shouldn't be any benefit of calling $this->get_list from your index function when compared to simply loading the view from your index function. One thing that a lot of programmers make a mistake on is they think that by making things more complicated makes the application more secure. This cannot be further from the truth.

I'm not sure what type of security you are looking for, but I'd recommend setting up your security somewhere else. Using an Auth library or creating a function in your MY_Controller that you can call to verify your users might be a place to start. But I do warn against building your own Auth library if you are not experienced in it. Authentication is not a piece you want to "build as you learn"
Codeigniter is simply one of the tools you need to learn to be a successful developer. Always add more tools to your coding arsenal!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have I made form function secure enough - by albertleao - 04-02-2016, 10:39 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB