Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
After Updating from CI 2.s to CI 3.x strange caching/session issues?

Well it seems that those Caching Issues was not caching issues at all.. Or was it?

The problem is that my upgrading from CodeIgniter 2.x to 3.x my ajax site was not updating..

After looking at the Docs here.  http://www.codeigniter.com/user_guide/li...sions.html

I found out that Encrypted Cookies are no longer.  By default the sessions are stored as files.

after looking in config.php  I found

PHP Code:
$config['sess_save_path'] = ''

I am guessing since I did not set this value that it just picked the root to store the session value.

What I did not understand is why the sessions never updated.  I had values over 24 hours that seemed like a caching issue.

Here is what I did to fix the issue.

I created a directory called sessions in my /application folder so it looks like this /application/sessions and chmod the directory 700

PHP Code:
$config['sess_save_path'] = '/homepages/3/d585779333/htdocs/mysite/application/sessions/'

This fixed my issue but what's weird is nothing is stored in the sessions folder and everything seems to be working just like CI 2.x did.

I am just not exactly sure why it worked or why nothing is populating in the sessions folder.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to stop the Cache ? - by daveaton - 04-23-2016, 06:40 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB