Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
[split] Linux ... (CommunityAuth)

Wine does not come installed by default on any Linux distro that I know off. It's about the the same thing as why CodeIgniter does not come with a complete CMS. It's designed by default to be lightweight. Wine is an application you must install yourself. Frankly, if your not willing to do a few minutes of Googling and finding out how you can install Wine in just 3-4 steps in most Linux distro's then I believe Linux is not well suited for you.

If you only want to install wine to be able to use your windows editor UltraEdit I suggest that you try out other linux (/multiplatform) based editors. If your not willing to change your on habits then you will not be able to evolve.

- Sublime Text 3 (not sure why Skunkbad advises the old 2 version, the guy who created Sublime Text advises to install version 3 even though it's officially in beta stage).
- Atom
- PhpStorm
- Netbeans
- Eclipse
- Aptana
- Geany

I've been using Linux on servers for about 17 years now and it has been my main desktop environment for about the last 8 years. As a desktop I currently prefer to use Debian with Cinnamon but I've been using Ubuntu alot in the past but abanonded Ubuntu completely because I dont like the Unity desktop and it's integration of amazon search.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [split] Linux ... (CommunityAuth) - by Narf - 05-10-2016, 12:32 PM
RE: [split] Linux ... (CommunityAuth) - by Diederik - 05-28-2016, 12:03 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB