Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Green Geeks hosting

I was with them like 2 or 3 years ago that means they seem to be a solid company and I remember that their price wasn't bad for the service.

I moved out not because they are bad but just because they didn't fit my needs anymore. Plus they were having a misleading campaing which is very comon in USA companies which is offering a domain but then try to lock it and trying to squeeze money from the transfer out. I managed to get my domain out of them without paying but I had to go through several support tickets and I was really stressed because it was an important domain to me.

After that I never mixed again domain company with hosting company. I have absolute control over my domains and I have hosting always on other companies. I am trying to get a decent VPS to run all my websites but it's not easy for someone that is not sysadmin... Sad

The bottom line is: always have full control of your domains. later you will probably change hosting company. probably because you just need to evolve or you need a better location. the decision isn't permanent.

Oh and by the way... I don't pick companies or anything based on green blabla. For me that's a load of crap. In my country (Portugal) we have a bunch of talk like that and it's usually just a bunch of crap that cannot be proved. I strongly try to avoid companies that make advertise on things they cannot prove. It just sounds like a scheme.

Messages In This Thread
Green Geeks hosting - by mmarinb - 09-05-2016, 06:09 PM
RE: Green Geeks hosting - by sv3tli0 - 09-05-2016, 11:19 PM
RE: Green Geeks hosting - by cartalot - 09-06-2016, 08:24 AM
RE: Green Geeks hosting - by Ivo Miranda - 09-07-2016, 04:29 AM
RE: Green Geeks hosting - by Ivo Miranda - 09-07-2016, 04:31 AM
RE: Green Geeks hosting - by enlivenapp - 10-11-2016, 11:50 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB