Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
[split] Modules Supported?

I've inherited a project implementing CI3, and found one of the frustrating limitations to be that I couldn't call controller methods from a different controller.  On first thought this might sound like a bad idea, however the DRY principle promotes the idea that you delegate responsibility to a piece of functionality to a single method or class.  I overcame the problems by implementing Wiredesignz' HMVC, which has proven invaluable in both achieving the above objective but also in introducing modules, and in separating/encapsulating the architecture of features and producing standalone generic features that can be re-used anywhere with a call to a module controller method, and ringfencing models with code based in the same module to avoid implementing models outside of a native module class/method.  This has proved invaluable in terms of code organization and reduction.

Will CI4 support modules?  I know that you are enabling the use of namespaces, but will this translate into the ability for controller-methods to be called from other controllers, and for controller-methods (serving view partials) to be called from views?

Messages In This Thread
[split] Modules Supported? - by qlj - 09-27-2016, 06:20 AM
RE: [split] Modules Supported? - by kilishan - 09-27-2016, 08:46 PM
RE: [split] Modules Supported? - by Narf - 09-28-2016, 01:09 AM
RE: [split] Modules Supported? - by mwhitney - 09-28-2016, 01:20 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB