Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Does it matter share host or cloud host?

(10-20-2016, 03:47 AM)marksman Wrote:
(10-20-2016, 03:12 AM)iridion2015 Wrote:
(10-18-2016, 02:55 PM)Ivo Miranda Wrote: Prices from known host start at 25$/month??? That is soooo expensive.

I would recommend a reputable shared host to start with servers located near your target. Of course if you are targeting the all web you can't decide based on location : /

If you know how to manage a VPS I would go 100% with a VPS.

What is the advantage of VPS versus Shared hosting?

You take almost all advantage in VPS, it is like you are owning a server but it is in remote..

Lol even if you have a dedicated server you won't want to have it in your office right? Tongue every product you buy will be remote unless you want to enter in the server business.

A VPS will put you on a virtual machine inside a server with many VPSs. Since the prices are kind of cheap nowadays it's always a better option but you need to know how to configure it.

Advantages:
1) Usually it's a unique IP for each VPS. In shared hosting you will share your IP with other sites.
2) You have your dedicated resources that are supposed not to be stolen by another VPS. CPU, RAM, SSD and so on...
3) You can do whatever you want since you control the VPS as root.

Disadvantages:
4) The only disadvantage I see is that you need to know how to configure it: Pick OS, Install Apache, MySQL, and so on...

So I see no case where shared hosting would be better if you know how to manage a VPS since the prices nowadays are very similar.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does it matter share host or cloud host? - by Ivo Miranda - 10-20-2016, 04:24 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB