Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Help understanding codeigniter MVC

(11-05-2016, 10:37 AM)InsiteFX Wrote: That code should be at the very top of your class and by looking at your code you need to change the $_ci to $CI

Thanks for trying to help me, I gave up on trying to keep CodeIgniter as MVC for this and just coded it in PHP in my Controller and View.  Like I said I have the back-end login system working fine as HMVC, but trying to add pages, I will just do it as MC for now to get this project finished.  I spent 3 days trying to figure this out when I could have done the whole thing in spaghetti code in about a day.  Funny, I thought that this MVC thing was supposed to make my life easier Sad  

I will keep trying and take a few more tutorials when I am done with this project.  I wanted to learn CI because Laravel is too restrictive and I like the freedom CI seems to give me.  For instance, if I can't figure out how to do it in CI, I can just hard code everything into the Controller and Veiw, until I figure it out.

Regards,  Tom

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help understanding codeigniter MVC - by tashworth19191 - 11-07-2016, 05:28 AM
RE: Help understanding codeigniter MVC - by PaulD - 11-08-2016, 06:22 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB